[Nut-upsuser] Belkin support?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:42:43 UTC 2009

On Sunday 31 May 2009, Rob MacGregor wrote:
>On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 19:26, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I have the newest nut (nut-2.2.2-4.fc10.i386) from fedora 10 repos)
>> installed and this ups (from lsusb -vv):
>
>Note that 2.2.2 is over a year old.  2.4.1 is the latest version.  If
>you run into any problems expect to be advised to upgrade.

I'll take that up with Rahul.  If that's the case, I am not allergic to
building from the tarball, some of the stuff I run here straight from the
tarball, like the kernel is 2.6.30-rc7, and amanda is from yesterdays snapshot
of what will become amanda-2.6.2 in a few months.

However, I have no clue if I have a problem because I can't get it to run at
all.

[root at coyote amanda]# service ups start
Starting UPS driver controller:                            [FAILED]
Starting upsd:                                             [  OK  ]
Starting UPS monitor (master):                             [FAILED]

So I need help from square one.  Would a tarball build be preferable in this
case?

>> As nut comes totally non-configured, is there an instructional web page?,
>> or can someone please tell me how to make this combo work with linux?
>
>http://www.networkupstools.org/, and the man pages ;)

Those I have been looking at, intermittently.  Too many trees, can't see the
forest. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

I got this powdered water -- now I don't know what to add.
		-- Steven Wright