[Nut-upsuser] Can't connect to UPS [mustek] (megatec-mustek): No such file or directory

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Jun 1 07:23:26 UTC 2009

Citeren Vedran Furač <vedranf op vedranf.mine.nu>:

> NUT recently stopped working on my debian. I'm not sure which upgrade
> broke it.

 From which version did you upgrade it?

> ups.conf:
>
> [mustek]
>         driver = megatec
>         port = /dev/ttyS0
>         desc = "mustek ups"
>

> # upsd -DDDD
>
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.4.1
> listen_add: added ::1:3493
> listen_add: added 127.0.0.1:3493
> setuptcp: try to bind to 127.0.0.1 port 3493
> listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
> setuptcp: try to bind to ::1 port 3493
> listening on ::1 port 3493
> Can't connect to UPS [mustek] (megatec-mustek): No such file or directory

The driver isn't running, so the problem isn't in the server.

> # strace -f upsd
> [...]
>
> connect(6, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="megatec-mustek"}, 110) = -1 ENOENT
> (No such file or directory)

See above.

> Where is "megatec-mustek" file?

It should be created by the driver, which apparently isn't running.
Either it isn't started at all, fails to detect the UPS or isn't
running with the proper permissions.

Please post the output of

     /path/to/megatec -a mustek -DDDDD

here and I'll take a look.