[Nut-upsuser] Belkin support?

Noel David Torres Taño noel.torres at uv.es
Mon Jun 1 10:50:54 UTC 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 05:08:05 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 31 May 2009, Charles Lepple wrote:
> >On May 31, 2009, at 10:36 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> [myups]
> >> 	driver = mydriver
> >> 	port = /dev/ttyS1
> >> 	cable = 1234
> >> 	desc = "A POS Belkin"
> >> #
> >> # To find out if your driver supports any extra settings, start it
> >> with
> >> # the -h option and/or read the driver's documentation.
> >> -----------------
> >> I now see the port is wrong, and should probably be /dev/ttyUSB1, as
> >> zero is
> >> busy here, with heyu.  However, fixing that makes zero difference.
> >
> >Actually, for the usbhid-ups driver (with only one UPS on a machine), /
> >etc/nut/boils down to:
> >
> >###########
> >[myups]
> >	driver = usbhid-ups
> >	port = auto
> >	desc = "Whatever floats your boat"
>
> Made no diff when I pasted that in & erased the other, sorry.

This is the way I discover the base configuration problems: Try running the driver by hand, tweaking it in its own command line.

Forget about NUT until you can run the driver itself. The driver is a program, and it can be launched alone. That way you can read the complete driver text output.

Noel
er Envite