[Nut-upsuser] Slave as master

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:16:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org> wrote:
> I have a similar question to this as well, in that I have my server set up
> using NUT with a SOLA-330 (working nicely!) and my desktop is using an APC
> BackUPS-300 (this model has no serial/USB comms) as the SOLA & APC are rated
> the same

Assuming that both batteries will age the same way is probably not a
good assumption. If both UPSes were the same model, purchased at the
same time, and used by identically configured computers, you might be
OK with the margin provided by the low battery signal.

> I was wanting my server to send a broadcast packet across my LAN
> to force all PC's (that are still powered by UPS's) to shut down...

Note that the solutions mentioned previously require TCP connections,
and as such, won't broadcast. But you can definitely configure
multiple machines running upsmon.

Aside: please trim your signature - it's way longer than your original
email. If nothing else, please consider using the dash-dash-space
convention of separating the body of your email from the signature:

http://mailformat.dan.info/trailers/sigblocks.html

--
- Charles Lepple