[Nut-upsuser] NUT upsstats.cgi problem

Brother Railgun of Reason alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jun 4 13:21:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 09:27:10PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Brother Railgun of Reason
> <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> > I seem to have NUT all working with my R3000XR, except for the CGIs.
> > The webserver's all properly configured and upsstats.cgi *runs*, but
> > doesn't yield any useful output - no values are displayed, every value
> > is replaced by [error: Invalid argument].  Apache is not logging any
> > resulting errors, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of useful
> > documentation on the CGIs to troubleshoot with.
>
> Are you still seeing this issue?
>
> If you can use 'upsc' to query the UPS from your webserver, then it
> might be a configuration issue. In particular, you will be interested
> in the man page for hosts.conf.

Oh, I'm almost certain it's a configuration issue.  The very brief
hosts.conf man page (which contains no information not found in
hosts.conf.sample) only documents one available directive, which in my
case is as follows:

MONITOR tokamak at localhost "HP R3000 XR (Server rack)"

upsc does indeed work.  upsstats.cgi doesn't.  upsstats.cgi(8) isn't
really useful either.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.