[Nut-upsuser] upsmon says ONBATT when status: TRIM

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sat Jun 20 06:13:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been getting emails from upsmon saying:

 Subject: UPS PW5125 at localhost notification: ONBATT

 UPS PW5125 at localhost on battery

But then the machines on the UPS stay on for hours; we haven't got
that kind of runtime, more like 10-20 minutes.

After a few occurrences, it now happened at a time where I could log
in to see in real time what is happening and:

$ upsc PW5125 | grep status
ups.status: TRIM

So there is no risk of the UPS running out of battery power :) Not
sure if it is on battery or not, but even if it is on battery, the
battery is being recharged concurrently, so, well, no human
intervention needed.

Could the upsmon email in this case be tweaked to be clearer?
Something like

 Subject: UPS PW5125 at localhost notification: TRIM

 UPS PW5125 at localhost trimming input line power

My NOTIFYCMD is just

 #! /bin/sh
 echo "$*" | mailx -s "UPS ${UPSNAME} notification: ${NOTIFYTYPE}" EMAIL

In case the rest of upsc is useful:

ambient.temperature: 52
battery.charge: 95
battery.runtime: 1003