[Nut-upsuser] NUT and Ablerex MARS 3000RT

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Mar 10 22:23:17 UTC 2009

Citeren Snoopy Great <great.snoopy op gmail.com>:

> I own some Ablerex MARS 3000 (MS3000RT) UPS.
> Following the thread here :
> http://osdir.com/ml/monitoring.nut.user/2006-04/msg00091.html
> I would have the following issues :
> 1. The battery charge displayed seems wrong : It always shows 100.0 - even
> when the battery is disconnected for replacement.

The battery charge is calculated from the battery voltage reported by
the UPS. If this voltage is still present with batteries disconnected,
there is nothing we can do about this.

> 2. Battery voltage 2.29 is also static ...and wrong. The initial assumption
> of being the voltage per unit seems wrong : the ups uses  8 x 12V batteries.
> 8*12 = 96V , same as  battery.voltage.nominal: which is correct.

Again, the battery voltage shown is reported by the UPS. We can't do
anything about that if it is static, complain to the vendor instead.
Newer versions of NUT will allow you to specify a multiplication value
for the battery voltage, so that it will match the total string
voltage. This won't help though, if the reported value is static.

> The initial poster seems to have more credible results at least regarding
> the battery.charge: variable, however in my case the value is wrong.

[...]

> Any ideea about the cause of the anomalies ?

This is a limitation of your UPS. We can't do anything about that.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list