[Nut-upsuser] Weird Load and Battery Temp Readings

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 22 19:55:12 UTC 2009

Citeren Bob Blackwell <rc.blackwell op yahoo.ca>:

>>> OK, that looks good too, so the problem must be in the calculation of
>>> the unit exponent (probably got something to do with erroneous type
>>> casting). I updated the SVN trunk with some more debugging info. Can
>>> you check out if this solves this issue?
>> Will do however it may be a week or so before I'm able to report back
>> as I'm relying on another party to build and package an installer.
> Thanks to excellent support from the DNS323 group, specifically a member
> name fonz, I was able to obtain and install the latest update. I'm
> please to say that recent changes have corrected the problem. Following
> is DEBUG output;

[...]

> Entering libusb_get_report
> Report[get]: (3 bytes) => 1e cf 0b
> PhyMax = 0, PhyMin = 0, LogMax = 65535, LogMin = 0
> Unit = 00010001, UnitExp = -1
>
> Unit Exponent = -1
>
> hid_lookup_path: 00840004 -> UPS
> hid_lookup_path: 00840012 -> Battery
> hid_lookup_path: 00840036 -> Temperature
> Size: 16, Value: 302.300000

Seems very reasonable.

[...]

> Entering libusb_get_report
> Report[get]: (3 bytes) => 2c e6 00
> PhyMax = 0, PhyMin = 0, LogMax = 65535, LogMin = 0
> Unit = 00000000, UnitExp = -1
>
> Unit Exponent = -1
>
> hid_lookup_path: 00840004 -> UPS
> hid_lookup_path: 0084001c -> Output
> hid_lookup_path: 00840035 -> PercentLoad
> Size: 16, Value: 23.000000

And same here. Short of a couple of excess '\n' characters in the
debugging output I added, I think we can conclude that the recent
changes indeed fixed the problem. Thanks for your cooperation in
solving this. We have similar errors before, but in those cases
reporters were either unable of unwilling to dig deeper into this.
These changes will be available in the next stable version of NUT.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list