[Nut-upsuser] Nut and PowerWare 5115

Greg greg_roll at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 12:10:05 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I installed Nut 2.4.1_4 on Ubuntu 9.04 and I have similar issues. If I run upsdrvctl start I get

==============================

Can't set POWERWARE USB configuration
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus

Things to try:

 - Connect UPS device to USB bus

 - Run this driver as another user (upsdrvctl -u or 'user=...' in ups.conf).
   See upsdrvctl(8) and ups.conf(5).

Fatal error: unusable configuration
CLOSING

I am unable to run /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb -a PowerWare -u root as none of the files in /lib/nut appear as executable.

Any thoughts?