[Nut-upsuser] Compiling NUT static binaries

cooleyr at gmail.com cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue May 19 23:59:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:21 PM, <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I expect there's some libtool / gcc linking flag I'm ignorant of, or
> neglecting to use, but extensive trial and error has not found it.
> [-Xlinker] -all-static , -without-shared, -static-libtool-libs, etc. have
> not had any effect on the end binary.

Problem solved.

The ./configure script errors-out when LDxxx="-all-static" is used,
with/without -Xlinker.   However, there's nothing actually wrong with using
the option on this or other systems... It's merely ./configure
brain-damage.

After running configure without the option, adding the -all-static option to
the LDFLAGS of each individual Makefile (in my case, just
nut-2.4.1/clients/Makefile) works perfectly.

I only hope my hours of neddless suffering helps someone.