[Nut-upsuser] Windows Nut Client supporting hibernate.

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Wed May 20 10:18:47 UTC 2009

I am aware of 2 windows nut clients both interestingly called winnut.
One (winnut 2.0.0b) is a service based client based on a port of the but
client code (I think). The other is a GUI client based on (I think
again) on  knutclient .

I have corresponded with both authors about a feature request - to allow
the shut-down action to be (optionally) a windows hibernate. This seems
a very desirable feature for unattended shut-downs - and removes the
risk of losing open files.

The GUI client now supports this feature - but the service based client
still doesn't. However - the service based client suits my architecture
better. I want a nut client which just does the required hibernate with
a minimum of interaction.

Does anyone know of another way of achieving this result?

Thanks

Richard.