[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower Value 600E UPS (USB) is not recognized by usbhid-ups under FreeBSD 7.2

forsite forsite at gmail.com
Wed May 20 20:40:08 UTC 2009

Daniel, fantastic - your patch was exactly what was needed.

> I checked your original post, this should do it.
> I've only tested it compiles though :)
> --- sys/dev/usb/usb_quirks.c    (revision 192375)
> +++ sys/dev/usb/usb_quirks.c    (working copy)

[root at substance /usr/local/libexec/nut]# dmesg | grep uhid

[root at substance /usr/local/libexec/nut]# dmesg | grep ugen
ugen0: <CPS UPS VALUE, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2> on uhub0

[root at substance /usr/local/libexec/nut]# ./usbhid-ups -a CyberPower
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
Using subdriver: CyberPower HID 0.2

Thanks a lot again for your help and quick response.

2_developers: I believe this is a standard situation for CyberPower
USB devices under FreeBSD.  So you may wish to add the solution
provided by Daniel into the FAQ or at least to mention on the
compatibility page (http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html)
that using CyberPower with FreeBSD requires patching the kernel.

Kind regards,
forsite