[Nut-upsuser] upsmon shutdown based on Time since power fail.

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon May 25 20:23:26 UTC 2009

Citeren Richard Chapman <rchapman op aardvark.com.au>:

> This sounds like one way to do it. If I do it this way - do you know
> whether the file:
>
> /etc/killpower
>
> will be created before the shut-down is issued (as it would if the
> battery low event occurs). If not - the UPS may not be shut down -
> and therefore the system may not start up again if the power returns
> before the battery is completely flat.
>
> I guess if the flag file isn't created - then we could run a short
> script to create it - then issue the shut-down.... Does that sound
> right to you? Indeed - if we do write a short script - we could do
> the delay in the script - somehow test whether we are still on
> battery - and if so - issue the shut-down immediately.

Don't do this. As written in the FAQ, in some cases you may wish/need
to use 'upssched' to start shutting down your systems before the UPS
indicates the battery is low. In that case, you probably want to call
'upsmon -c fsd' instead, which will initiate a shutdown on the upsmon
master (in your case, your server). This means that you will have to
configure the upsmon on the server (FINALDELAY) to allow for enough
time for your clients to shutdown. This will put your master at risk
in case of repeated power failures however, so don't overdo this.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list