[Nut-upsuser] This guy must be an idiot

Leslie Rhorer lrhorer at satx.rr.com
Sat May 30 16:36:51 UTC 2009

Well, I would argue that for any even remotely important system, a UPS and
its management utility would be "very mandatory".  What's more, while
perhaps valid for user utilities, the thought process seems rather backwards
for any system service.  I suppose in the best of worlds, the package
maintainer would simply set the package to ask the installer if the service
should start automatically, as is the case with some packages I have
installed.  It could also ask the name of the driver and connection mode.