[Nut-upsuser] amacrox ap1000 problems

Dimitri Ognibene dimitri.ognibene at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:36:13 UTC 2010

Ok guys I get this errors:

Network UPS Tools – UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Network UPS Tools – Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
No matching HID UPS found

my ups.conf is:

[ap1000]
driver = usbhid-ups
port = auto

I’ve also tried to set a specific usb port and change driver.

My ups is a AMACROX 1000
http://www.amacrox.com//english/01_product/02_01detail.aspx?pdid=46

and it should be the following usb device
lsusb -D /dev/bus/usb/008/003
Device: ID 0665:5161
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 1.10
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0×0665
idProduct 0×5161
bcdDevice 0.02
iManufacturer 1 Cypress Semiconductor
iProduct 2 USB to Serial
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 34
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 3
bmAttributes 0×80
(Bus Powered)
MaxPower 100mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Device
bInterfaceSubClass 0 No Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 0 None
iInterface 4 Sample HID
** UNRECOGNIZED: 09 21 00 01 00 01 22 1b 00
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0×81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0×0008 1x 8 bytes
bInterval 32
Device Status: 0×0000
(Bus Powered)

any help is welcome
thanks

--
I am a dog chasing cars… I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it.
I just do things. (Nolan's Joker)

The answer is inside you, but it's wrong (Guzzanti)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would
it? (Einstein)

http://www.mrwiggleslovesyou.com/rehab333.html

Dimitri Ognibene
PhD
Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione,
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (ISTC-CNR),
via S. Martino della Battaglia, 44
00185 Rome

Skype: dimitri.ognibene