[Nut-upsuser] GE lanpor ups monitored with SNMP stop to monitor after upgrade

Александр der at btsig.ru
Mon Apr 5 06:08:46 UTC 2010

Charles Lepple пишет:
> [please subscribe to the list before posting, and remember to
> reply-all to include the list. - thanks!]
>
> On Apr 2, 2010, at 4:29 AM, Александр Деревянко <der at btsig.ru> wrote:
>
>> Hello All !
>>
>> Recently I have upgraded NUT to 2.4.1, and now I can't monitor old
>> IMV LanPro S3 UPS with old SNMP board.
>> Previously it is monitored OK, but now snmp-ups refuses to start:
>>
> What version of NUT worked with this unit? Also, have you tried 2.4.3?

I use FreeBSD port's collection, frequently upgrading all ports.

Unfortunelly, I do not remember the previous version of nut installed.
Currently it is nut-2.4.1_3 as reported by pkg_version -V.
I will try 2.4.3 as soon as it will appear in ports.

May be, the problem is that this SNMP board report not everything
specified in RFC for UPS: for example, battery temperature is not reported.
Does nut stop after first failed request (no such variable) and switch
to next scheme?

Best Regards,
Alexander Derevyanko.