[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SmartOnline 3U

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Apr 6 14:26:52 UTC 2010

Citeren Greg Terkanian <gregt op crystalcomputer.com>:

> As you wish.............
>
> root op ccc-nms:~# lsusb -vvv
>
> Bus 001 Device 014: ID 09ae:4005 Tripp Lite
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               1.10
>   bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
>   bDeviceSubClass         0
>   bDeviceProtocol         0
>   bMaxPacketSize0         8
>   idVendor           0x09ae Tripp Lite
>   idProduct          0x4005
>   bcdDevice            2.0a
>   iManufacturer           1
>   iProduct                2
>   iSerial                 3
>   bNumConfigurations      1
>   Configuration Descriptor:
>     bLength                 9
>     bDescriptorType         2
>     wTotalLength           34
>     bNumInterfaces          1
>     bConfigurationValue     1
>     iConfiguration          0
>     bmAttributes         0xe0
>       Self Powered
>       Remote Wakeup
>     MaxPower                0mA
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        0
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
>       bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
>       bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
>       iInterface              0
>         HID Device Descriptor:
>           bLength                 9
>           bDescriptorType        33
>           bcdHID               1.10
>           bCountryCode            0 Not supported
>           bNumDescriptors         1
>           bDescriptorType        34 Report
>           wDescriptorLength    1238
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
>         bmAttributes            3
>           Transfer Type            Interrupt
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
>         bInterval              40
> cannot read device status, Protocol error (71)

Somehow reading the report descriptor fails, either due to a problem
in the UPS or in the libusb library (assuming you ran the above
command as root and no other application was using the UPS at the
time). I have no idea how to locate which one is the culprit, let
alone find a way to work around this. Unless you can make the above
command work, there is no way to support this device in NUT.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list