[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SmartOnline 3U

Douglas Parsons doug at parsonsemail.com
Wed Apr 7 17:37:35 UTC 2010

Greg,

Another option to look at is to use an ethernet to serial converter. Nut
works fine with these set up as a virtual serial port on the guest.

Your unit appears to have serial support according to the web and for most
of the cards I havd priced the converters are cheaper than the SNMP cards.
As a plus the converter can be

On Apr 7, 2010 10:23 AM, "Greg Terkanian" <gregt at crystalcomputer.com> wrote:

Citeren Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org <nut%2Busers at de-korte.org>>:
> Somehow reading the report descriptor fails, eit...
Arjen,
Actually it does apply.  This is an Ubuntu machine on ESXi.  To get around
the difficulties with USB passthrough, I'm using USB Redirector software
from Incentives Pro.  I was happy when I found that I was actually
communicating with the device, but was weary that it might not work with
NUT.  Apparently it won't.  Why these units were purchased without SNMP/web
cards is beyond me.  I guess I'll have to beg and plead for them to be
purchased.

Thanks for all your help.  If you think it might work with the above
scenario, please let me know.

-Greg