[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SmartOnline 3U

Douglas Parsons doug at parsonsemail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:13:49 UTC 2010

Greg,

The units I use are Lavalink. I have used them on a couple of flavors of
CentOS. My Nut server currently has about 60 virtual serial ports that
monitor ups units spread across the campus.

The only issue I have run into is sometimes a Lavalink unit will hang during
a reboot and not come back online. I attribute this to the number of units
and the slowness of the disconnect. I never had a problem during testing
with only 4 ports.

Other than that and the last time I checked I had to ask support to get the
latest drivers for the kenel I was running, they work pretty good.

Doug