[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS Pro 1500 USB monitoring trouble

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Apr 29 20:44:31 UTC 2010

Citeren Erik Fichtner <emf1123 op gmail.com>:

> Hi there... nut 2.4.3 kicks an error at me when I try
> to talk to my UPS.   machine is linux 2.4.21-32.ELsmp
> with libusb-0.1.8-3 package update.
>
> # /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> Using subdriver: APC HID 0.95
> libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Invalid argument

[...]

> Any ideas on what I should try next?

You could try if applying the following patch helps:

     http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/changeset/2407

I don't have high hopes however. The USB support in 2.4 kernels is
limited and your libusb version is really old too. You're probably
better off by using a USB to serial converter that is supported by
your kernel and using the serial port of the UPS with the apcsmart
driver.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list