[Nut-upsuser] Upsdrv failed to start

briceboulangeot at hotmail.com briceboulangeot at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:43:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

Here's the message when I try to stop upsdrv daemon (/etc/init.d/upsdrv
stop)
  * Stopping UPS drivers ...
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
Can't open /var/lib/nut/usbhid-ups-auto.pid: No such file or directory

Here's the message when I try to start upsdrv daemon (/etc/init.d/upsdrv
start)
   * WARNING:  upsdrv has already been started.

And finally here's the message error when I try to execute directly
upsdrvctl inside root shell (upsdrvctl start)

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
USB communication driver 0.31
Can't claim USB device [0463:ffff]: could not detach kernel driver from
interface 0: No route to host
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

I think it's a problem with my kernel but I'am not sure.
I need some advices, please could you help me.

Configuration:
Linux 2.6.34 (gentoo)
Package Nut emerged : sys-power/nut-2.4.3-r2  USE="bash-completion cgi
ssl usb xml -hal -snmp"

upsd.conf
MAXAGE 15
LISTEN 127.0.0.1 3493

ups.conf
[MGE-Ellipse600]
driver = usbhid-ups
port = auto
desc = "MGE UPS Systems Ellipse ASR 600 usbs"

nut.conf
MODE = standalone

Regards,
Brice