[Nut-upsuser] Powercom SXL-1000A-LCD

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Dec 2 17:57:27 UTC 2010

Citeren ahouse-support <support op ahouse.mine.nu>:

> I have a traoble whith my ups, - megatec driver can not calculating
> % of charging and voltage on battery:

You UPS doesn't report the battery charge, so that's not unusual. The
megatec driver will guesstimate the battery charge based on the
battery voltage, but this is very unreliable.

[...]

> # ./nut start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec protocol driver 1.6 (2.4.1)
> Megatec protocol UPS detected.
> Cannot calculate charge percentage for this UPS.
> <================================ !!!

[...]

> # upsc Powercom op localhost

See 'man 8 megatec' for answers how to fix the above two problems.

Better yet, change to the 'blazer_ser'  driver instead, which uses a
better way to determine state of charge (based on a couple of
parameters you need to provide). Make sure to read 'man 8 blazer'
before returning here for help.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)