[Nut-upsuser] Setting Battery Runtime Low

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Dec 14 10:07:41 UTC 2010

Citeren "Poulton, Stuart W.L." <swlp1 op leicester.ac.uk>:

> I've successfully configured NUT to talk to the SNMP card, however
> it reports a battery.runtime.low of 1 , not much use, how do I
> change this value, is it defined by the UPS itself, the SNMP card,
> or NUT ?

This is a configurable value, setting the runtime remaining on battery
before the low battery warning is raised.

It looks like the driver uses the UPS-MIB::upsConfigLowBattTime OID
for this. According to IETF 1628, the units of this value is minutes.
So in order to correctly display this in the units NUT uses (seconds)
we need to multiply by 60 (similar to the
UPS-MIB::upsEstimatedMinutesRemaining that is used for battery.runtime).

So I guess what the UPS is trying to tell you, is that the runtime
remaining is before it will report battery low, is 60 seconds.
Depending on your UPS you might be able to change this value though
the 'upsrw' command (see 'man 8 upsrw'). Remember to input this value
in minutes for the time being, until we have fixed this.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)