[Nut-upsuser] Power Walker VI 2000 LCD

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Dec 21 16:37:09 UTC 2010

Citeren Alexander Todorov <atodorov op otb.bg>:

>> You'll see in the above output that your UPS doesn't report battery
>> charge. The
>> blazer_usb driver can attempt to guestimate the charge remaining (see 'man 8
>> blazer'), but since the UPS doesn't report the load either, this will not be
>> nearly good enough to base a decision to shutdown on. We really
>> have no reliable
>> means to determine charge remaining if the UPS is not providing us with the
>> necessary measurement values.
> thanks for the pointer. I configured the guesstimate settings
> described in the man page. Does this mean that when the battery
> charge reaches the value of
> default.battery.voltage.low it will shut down?

No, see above.

This only works if a UPS reports the battery charge itself. The values
drivers can calculate are not accurate enough to base a decision on.
There is no way to keep track of the battery charge- and discharge
current that would be needed to accurately calculate the charge
remaining. We also have no idea what is happening to a battery when a
driver is not running.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)