[Nut-upsuser] upsd crashes with a "broken pipe" error

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 13:34:11 UTC 2010

On Dec 27, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Zach La Celle wrote:

> I ran this in debug mode and captures the backtrace.
>
> root@*********:/etc/nut# upsd -D
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.4.3
>   0.000000     listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493
>   0.000354     Connected to UPS [rack1ups]: apcsmart-rack1ups
>   2.550554     User upsmon at 127.0.0.1 logged into UPS [rack1ups]
> *** glibc detected *** upsd: free(): invalid next size (fast):
> 0x00000000012c9870 ***

Can you give us some background information about this system? What OS
and version, who built the package, etc.

Do you have valgrind available?

Your version of glibc probably has some more thorough memory
corruption detection algorithms than the default - "man malloc" on one
of my systems suggests that setting the MALLOC_CHECK_ environment
variable to either 1 or 2 will print some additional diagnostics.

--
Charles Lepple