[Nut-upsuser] nut mailing-list user by spammers

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Mon Feb 1 07:56:11 UTC 2010

Hi Michel,

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:02:04 +0100, Michel Bouissou wrote:
> FYI, I started receiving spam to the email address I use only for this
> mailing-list, about one week after I posted a couple messages onto it.
>
> So the nut mailing-list is definitely used by spammers for email addresses
> harvesting :-(

No, the spammers aren't using the list itself. But the list is archived
publicly at http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/ and
possibly other places, and spammers harvest e-mail addresses on the
web. The only way around would be to stop archiving the list, but list
archives happen to be very valuable for users, so that's hardly
desirable.

--
Jean Delvare