[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS 3000XL: Compatible/Any good?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Feb 10 13:54:10 UTC 2010

Citeren Tobias Balle-Petersen <tbp op kontrapunkt.com>:

> I'm contemplating buying new batteries and putting an older APC
> Smart-UPS 3000XL back into service. Would that work well with NUT?

There is no conclusive way to tell whether this particular model will
be supported or not (it most likely is though). So if NUT support is
important to you, I'd suggest to try this out before buying new
batteries.

> Any drawbacks to consider?

It is probably a decade old or so. Even when you replace the
batteries, the (power) electronics inside will be old. It all depends
on how well it was treated during its active service life whether or
not it would be worth the money for a battery replacement. And how
much trust would *you* still put in it?

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list