[Nut-upsuser] question about multi ups monitoring and reactions with nut

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Feb 10 20:02:40 UTC 2010

Arjen de Korte wrote, on 09-02-10 09:04:
> We don't have a keyword 'monitor-only'. The above configuration is
> invalid. See 'man 8 upsmon'.

Strange, I found the monitor-only option on some blog about nut :)

reading the manpage and configuration example I changed my set-up too:

    MONITOR r3000xr at localhost 0 monuser xxxxxxxxx master
    MONITOR apcups01 at localhost 1 monuser xxxxxxxx master
    MONITOR apcups02 at localhost 0 monuser xxxxxxxx master

>> I want nut to send an email to root for every changes nut detects to
>> any of the UPS devices.

I have read the manpage of upssched and upsmon, and it seems NUT
doesn't do much by default, and the user have to setup all
notification systems. However I can't find an example of an good
configured CMDSCRIPT /usr/local/ups/bin/upssched-cmd to create emails
with information about the ups.

Can somebody show me an example? I assume it is not expected for every
user to set-up there own custom scripts?

Kind regards,

Jelle