[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS tool - drivers

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at free.fr
Tue Feb 16 12:07:35 UTC 2010

2010/2/16 Thomas Clark:
> Hello Arnaud,

Hi Thomas,

> I have a Riello iDialog UPS which does not seem to be supported by any of
> the drivers on your UPS hardware compatibility list.
>
> The manufacturers website is below
>
> http://www.riello-ups.co.uk/ups-products/pc-ups/idialog/
>
> They also have a monitoring software that is supported on many platforms
> e.g.  Linux, freebsd, openbsd and solaris etc. It may be of some help to
> you, if you were to create a driver for the Riello UPS.
>
> http://www.riello-ups.com/?en/support/downloads

indeed, we don't have support for Riello.
at least, none that I know.

I've no time nor motivation to try your above mentioned software, and
sniff the protocol.
but that would be the option to validate the protocol, and revere
engineering it.
I've once heard that they were only rebranding centralion units (which
can prove to be wrong, though!).
In such case, it would be interesting to try the blazer* and megatec* drivers.

if you do so, we would be interested in having some feedback.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops