[Nut-upsuser] My previous post (lengthy, lots of tarace output)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:55:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, how do I get it to display the status, in a terminal screen, gui from a
> menu, or in firefox, the statistics it is outputting?  I ask because on the
> nut web pages, both links under this section of the docs:
> -------------------------
> Web-based monitoring
>
>    * Comes stock with CGI-based web interface tools for UPS monitoring and
> management, including graphical status displays.
>
>    * Custom status web pages may be generated with the CGI programs, since
> they use templates to create the pages. This allows you to have status pages
> which fit the look and feel of the rest of your site.
> ----------------------
> Are 404's.

Which links are you referring to?

I'm looking here, and I don't see any links:

http://new.networkupstools.org/user-manual.html#_web_based_monitoring

> If I feed upsstats.cgi (or either of the other 2 .cgi scripts) all firefox
> wants to do is download them rather than displaying them.  Then if I feed the
> file upsstats.html to FF, it displays the file with color backgrounds on a
> per column basis, but no data.

As Jesper mentioned, the CGI scripts are designed to be executed by
the web server.

This page has a bunch of default locations for components of Apache,
which was the default web server in Fedora the last time I checked:

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout#Fedora_Core.2C_CentOS.2C_RHEL:

Assuming this is correct, you would want to put upsstats.cgi in
/var/www/cgi-bin (with the execute bits turned on), and search for
that path in /etc/httpd to see if it was just commented out of the
configuration file.

--
- Charles Lepple