[Nut-upsuser] Shutdowns occuring without power outage.

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 6 07:30:10 UTC 2010

Citeren Daryl Sayers <daryl op ci.com.au>:

> I am running an older version of nut (2.0.2) on a FreeBSD 4.11 machine.

Please upgrade to a more recent version. The one you're using now is
well over five years old and is no longer supported.

[...]

> 1. Why are there so many failed - Data stale errors. Whenever I manually do a
>    'upsc' I always receive a valid response.

Most likely because there was a problem with the communication with
the driver socket. There was an error in the staleness logic in older
versions of the 'upsd' server, which caused it to declare the driver
stale after the first failure. Upgrade.

> 2. How can I control what warnings trigger a shutdown. Can I disable the
>    shutdown on a stale data error. I am aware of the side effects but a
>    running system is still better than an incorrect cleanly shutdown system.

No. NUT errs on the side of caution. If the UPS is known to be on
battery and there is a communication problem with the driver socket,
the system shuts down. You can't (and shouldn't change) that.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list