[Nut-upsuser] Strange problem with two Cyberpower UPS'es

Svein Skogen (Listmail Account) svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Tue Jan 12 15:30:09 UTC 2010

I'm in the process of upgrading my solution to spread the load over two
ups'es.

Both are Cyberpower, where one is the classic "Intelligent" 1500LCD, the
other a "Value" 2200E

Both connect via UPS, and both work using the ups-hid driver. So far so
good.

The idea is to connect both of them via USB to the same FreeBSD 8
server, and here the headache starts.

Both identify themselves as 0x0764/0x0501, one on /dev/ugen3.5 the other
on /dev/ugen4.2.

The relevant parts of my ups.conf is the following:

[1500LCD]
        driver = "usbhid-ups"
        vendorid=0764
        productid=0501
        vendor=CPS
        port = /dev/ugen3.5
        desc = "My Cyberpower 1500 LCD"

[2200LCD]
        driver = "usbhid-ups"
        vendorid=0764
        productid=0501
        vendor=CPS
        port = /dev/ugen4.2
        desc = "My Cyberpower 2200 LCD"

Looks nice and tidy.

However when the usbhid driver starts, it promptly binds both instances
to the first ups, blatantly ignoring the port statement.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

//Svein
- --
- --------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein at d80.iso100.no
  \ /   |Solberg Østli 9    | PGP Key:  0xE5E76831
   X    |2020 Skedsmokorset | svein at jernhuset.no
  / \   |Norway             | PGP Key:  0xCE96CE13
        |                   | svein at stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein at jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mobile at stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.
                     Picture Gallery:
          https://gallery.stillbilde.net/v/svein/