[Nut-upsuser] Monitoring Liebert UPS with SNMP

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 14:06:15 UTC 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 2:25 AM, philip at subaru.naoj.org wrote:

> Quoting Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:

>>> Thanks for the response.
>>>
>>> I did an 'od -cx' on the file, and saw no non-printing characters.
>>
>> Sorry, I should have looked harder - that error message was fixed
>> between 2.2.0 and the latest version.
>>
>>> Using 'mbrowse', I explored the MIB, and found that this particular
>>> model (AP341/342) has everything under .1.3.6.1.4.1.476
>>> (iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.emerson), which, from
>>> looking
>>> at the source for 2.4.1, seems to be not supported. I think newer
>>> Liebert models use a more standard arrangement, under 'ietf'.
>>>
>>> Seems like I will have to develop my own custom solution... (or
>>> buy a
>>> newer network card!)
>>
>> OK - let us know if you would like any help with generating a new
>> MIB-to-NUT mapping.
>
> That sounds like a better idea - how do I get started?

Arjen has a good point - it may be possible to upgrade the firmware on
the card.

If not, we might want to switch to the nut-devel list. It would be
good to post a few details on that list about your development machine
(OS version, etc.) so we can suggest what tools to install.