[Nut-upsuser] smart1050slt by tripp lite

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:18:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 2:52 AM, chance fulton <chance.fulton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 2 SmartUOS1050SLT's that apparently protocol 3004, has there been
> any progress on getting these units supported under nut? I am running
> version 2.4.1, and get the following output when starting the driver.

No progress - we have not received enough information from owners of
Protocol 3004 units to proceed. From what little I can tell, 3004 uses
binary values instead of ASCII (e.g. 0x01 instead of 0x31 to represent
the number 1). Also, there seem to be other minor differences.

The procedure for adding support for a new UPS protocol involves a lot
of testing, and is best done without any critical loads attached (e.g.
servers that you were trying to protect with the UPS in the first
place). If you can take one unit offline for testing, we can work with
you to add support, but there is always the danger that a wrong
command will shut down the UPS before the attached computers are
expecting it.

--
- Charles Lepple