[Nut-upsuser] mercury smart1200 pro serial powerdown problem

mi ri delist at gmx.net
Tue Jun 15 14:03:33 UTC 2010

Hello *

Trying to get above serial UPS to work gives my some troubles.
With upstype=21 [CP=RTS] [OL=CTS] [LB=-DCD] [SD=RTS+DTR]
and/or upstype=4 [CP=RTS] [OL=CTS] [LB=-DCD] [SD=-RTS]
I do get OL OB LB ok, but shutting down the UPS does not work.

Direct call w/ command genericups ... -k and from lowbatt/
initscripts doesnt do. The UPS claims to be capable of and
the software shipped (RUPS2000) is not going to help me on that,
it's incl. proprietary kernel module for 2.2 and 2.4 series only.

The R232 cable which comes w/ the device is not labled, but
manual claims it's an megatec M2501 - however, two signal
configurations are described there:

type i:
Pin 2 - AC Power Failure
Pin 4 - Common Ground of Pin 2, 5, 6
Pin 5 - UPS Battery Low
Pin 6 - Turn Off UPS

type ii:
Pin 2 - AC Power Failure
Pin 4 - Common Ground of Pin 2, 5
Pin 5 - UPS Battery Low
Pin 6 - Turn Off UPS
Pin 7 - GND of Pin 6

Running here is nut 2.4.3-1 from Debain squeeze.

THX for input on this
sl, ritch