[Nut-upsuser] Getting 'Data stale' error with bcmxcp_usb for a PowerWare 5115 on OSX

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Sat Mar 6 06:26:49 UTC 2010

Good afternoon,

On 5/03/10 at 8:35 PM +0100, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:

>>Then I can run upsc and get an answer. So it works when
>>running with driver in debug mode.
>
>As the debug output from the server already suggested, the
>problem seems to be in the driver. The difference between
>running in normal and debug mode is that it won't background
>and won't write a PID file in debug mode. This is unexpected.
>Since backgrounding doesn't seem to be a problem, could you
>check if the PID file is there? And the config.log would be
>helpful, to see what is available on your system.

Yes, the PID is there:

$ sudo ls -l /var/state/ups/
total 16
srw-rw----  1 _ups  _nut  0  6 Mar 11:40 bcmxcp_usb-powerware5115
-rw-r--r--  1 _ups  _nut  6  6 Mar 11:40 bcmxcp_usb-powerware5115.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 _ups  _nut  6  6 Mar 02:03 upsd.pid

$ sudo less /var/state/ups/bcmxcp_usb-powerware5115.pid
59729

I tried inlining the config.log but message was rejected due to size. It's attached as gzip instead.

Thanks,
Charlie

--
   Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>
   〠 PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt