[Nut-upsuser] Adding support for NUMERIC UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Mar 6 08:19:48 UTC 2010

Citeren Holla <holla.net op gmail.com>:

[...]

> Is this all that needs to be done for an unspported UPS ?

This is enough to add it to the list of supported devices. You may
wish to make sure that shutting down also works by running 'upsmon -c
fsd' on the system that is designated as master for this UPS. You also
seem to have an awfully outdated version of NUT, so upgrading is
recommended.

> Just running the NUT-monitor app, I noticed that the "Time Remaining"
> info is not available. Does this look OK ?

Yes. This is not supported on devices using the Megatec/Q1 protocol,
simply because there is no definition for this in the protocol. If
this is important to you, an upgrade to nut-2.4.1 or later is needed.
The blazer_ser driver (which supersedes the megatec driver) in that
release will report an estimated runtime left if given the proper
parameters in ups.conf. Make sure to read 'man 8 blazer' before asking
for help.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list