[Nut-upsuser] Adding support for NUMERIC UPS

Holla holla.net at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 02:10:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 3:19 AM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>> You also seem to have an
>> awfully outdated version of NUT, so upgrading is recommended.
>
> The interesting part is that the "upsc" output says "driver.version:
> 2.4.1", while the driver banner says "2.0.5".
>
> Sathish, did you have a packaged version (e.g. a .deb or .rpm)
> installed while building from source? It shouldn't affect the build,
> but it can get confusing if you have two sets of NUT binaries
> installed in different locations.

Sorry for the mis-communication. On my gentoo system which is rather
old, default nut version was 2.0.5. So I started with that version.
The driver log was from that version. But quickly realised this version
won't do and switched to 2.4. Only this version is present in the system
now.

# /lib/nut/blazer_ser -v
Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol serial driver 1.51 (2.4.1)

# upsc -h
Network UPS Tools upsc 2.4.1

Regards
Sathish