[Nut-upsuser] Adding support for NUMERIC UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Mar 10 15:59:22 UTC 2010

Citeren Holla <holla.net op gmail.com>:

>>> tej nut-monitor-1.1 # upsc Numeric
>>> battery.charge: nan    <===============
>>> battery.lowbatt: 25
>>> battery.runtime: 0
>>
>> This is probably due to some broken integer dividing, resulting in loss of
>> precision. Just fixed in the trunk.
>
> Yes, I checked the trunk and it is working. Thanks.

Good to know.

> I want to clarify one point. I had specified
>
>         default.battery.lowbatt = 50
>
> My understanding was that when the ups battery charge reaches 50%,
> NUT will initiate the shutdown.  But in my testing, even when the
> charge went down to 30% nothing happened. Shutdown was
> started only when the UPS reported low battery condition (which
> is dangerously low for a proper shutdown).
>
> Is my understanding correct ?

See 'man 8 blazer' for a list of recognized options. The above one
isn't one of them, so specifying it won't make the driver shutdown any
sooner. The clone driver which can be run on top of any other driver
will allow you to shutdown the loads based on battery.charge and
battery.runtime. See 'man 8 clone'.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list