[Nut-upsuser] communications lost/established

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Mar 15 21:10:58 UTC 2010

Citeren ricman <ricman op neomedia.it>:

> i think maybe it's the second one since upsc shows
>
> ups.delay.shutdown: 30
> ups.delay.start: 180
> ups.firmware: JP00097G
> ups.load: 10
> ups.mfg:
> ups.model:
> ups.productid: 0000
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 30.0
> ups.type: offline / line interactive
> ups.vendorid: ffff

Ooops, this is a 'Krauler' type device. The manufacturer of this UPS
was too cheap to apply for a real VendorID and made one up. Given the
bizarre way this class of devices (ab)uses the USB interface, I don't
think there is a lot we can do about this.

You could try running the driver in debug mode for half a minute and
see if that provides us with some usable output:

     /path/to/blazer_usb -DDD -a upsname

In all honesty, the best advice I can give you is to either use the
serial interface (if one is present) or start looking for a UPS that
uses a more robust way to implement a USB to serial conversion.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list