[Nut-upsuser] communications lost/established

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Mar 16 19:33:28 UTC 2010

Citeren ricman <ricman op neomedia.it>:

> here are a couple of logs: log 1 and 2 are pretty similar and command stopped
> after a couple of seconds saying "No supported UPS detected"; log 3
> went on for about 30 seconds and i stopped it using control+c

Your UPS can't make up its little mind what it should report when we
ask it for the Product string. Initially it reports nothing (unknown)
and later it reports "068A". This fools the logic that attempts to
detect the UPS again when the connection needs to be re-established.
There us really not much we can do about that and it also speaks
volumes for the robustness of the USB implementation of your UPS.

> my ups has a serial port but not my pc (it is on the motherboard...
> i should buy a connector... maybe i do)

Since the USB connection is unreliable, a USB to serial converter
might be a better solution here. Hopefully the serial connection of
the device is a little more stable than the crappy USB interface.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list