[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SmartOnline 3U

Greg Terkanian gregt at crystalcomputer.com
Fri Mar 26 20:39:16 UTC 2010

I have the following UPS that I'm trying to get to work with NUT:

SU3000RTXL3U

I have it connected via USB.  My ups.conf looks like:

[test]
    driver = usbhid-ups
    vendorid = 09ae
    port = auto

When I run upsdrvctl -DD start, I get:

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Starting UPS: test
exec: /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a test
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
This Tripp Lite device (09ae:4005) is not (or perhaps not yet) supported
by usbhid-ups. Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If
this does not fix the problem, try running the driver with the
'-x productid=4005' option. Please report your results to the NUT user's
mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

No matching HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

I'm running NUT version 2.4.1-2ubuntu4