[Nut-upsuser] nut on pclos-2010.7

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 03:05:02 UTC 2010

Greetings people;

The section of drakeconf that pclos uses has two problems.

First is several screens full of complaints about deprecated syntax in
"/etc/udev/rules.d/70-nut-usbups.rules" at each reboot.

So I pulled the current 2.5 svn trunk, then found I was missing quite a few
build tools needed here that aren't used when building a kernel, currently
running a 32 bit 2.6.36-PAE on a 2.1Ghz amd quad core phenom.

So I blindly installed autoconf, hoping to get the web pages autoreconf.

And now I am here, not fully grokking what I do next:
[root at coyote trunk]# autoreconf --install
configure.in:10: installing `./config.guess'
configure.in:10: installing `./config.sub'
configure.in:14: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in:14: installing `./missing'
clients/Makefile.am:23: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
clients/Makefile.am:23:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
clients/Makefile.am:23:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.
clients/Makefile.am:23:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.in', make
sure
clients/Makefile.am:23:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
clients/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
common/Makefile.am:10: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
common/Makefile.am:10:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
common/Makefile.am:10:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.
common/Makefile.am:10:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.in', make sure
common/Makefile.am:10:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
[root at coyote trunk]# aclocal
[root at coyote trunk]# autoreconf --install
configure.in:83: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:287: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

I have NDI if m4 stuff is needed or even installed, so whats next?

Thanks muchly.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)