[Nut-upsuser] Can't figure out what is wrong !

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Thu Nov 11 17:49:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Rémi Lavergne wrote:
> I have recently installed nut to manage a DELL USB UPS

Which model?  What does lsusb report?

> on a DELL server running UBUNTU Server. I have installed nut via
> apt-get and then configured following several tutorials found on
> the web.

Which one did you follow? or did you create your own configuration?
If you could put your NUT configuration files on a web server so
that we could browse them that would help.  (Remove anything
confidential)

> I just try to get a safe shutdown of the server on low battery and
> if possible a clean reboot on power back. So far I think I don't
> have communication between the UPS and the server but I can't
> really understand what is happening.

Tell us precisely what you did so far to test your setup.  Which
commands did you use?  What was the result?

> Can someone tell me how to test my configuration or at least where
> to start so that I can fix it or come back with more precise
> questions ? In which files should I look for error messages ?

Try /var/log/messages.

Roger