[Nut-upsuser] OT: gadget to display time remaining

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Nov 28 09:27:14 UTC 2010

Citeren James <bjlockie op lockie.ca>:

>> Since you don't mention the make and model of the UPS in question, it
>> will probably be impossible to help you any further.
>
> Ah, standard USBHID (CyberPower CP550SLG).

This is a (very) basic entry level UPS. I doubt it is worth the
effort/money to invest in such a gadget, since models with a built-in
status display are available in a similar price range (for instance
the CP600LCD from the same vendor). In any case, the USB interface
needs a host controller for reading data from the UPS, so some sort of
processor will be needed. This is doable without a PC, but given the
availability of UPSes which have the requested features already
built-in, the market for this will be extremely small.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)