[Nut-upsuser] nut 2.4 et MGE 2200

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:51:50 UTC 2010

Hi again Sabine,

first, please keep the list cc'ed

2010/11/29 sabine GOUDARD <sabine.goudard at st-etienne.archi.fr>

> 2007 effectively ....

indeed, time passes too quickly!

my script: very simple

> if I run it manually I have no problem
>
> # write to a specific log file
> date=$(date +"%F %T")
> echo "$date >> UPS ALERT, shutting down in a few seconds..." >>
> /var/log/ups.log
>
> is the above your complete script?
if so, you should really add a header like:
!#/bin/sh

don't forget that this will be run from a program, which may be different
that running from a shell.
next, how do you manually call your script? ie "sh myscript.sh" or simply
"./myscript.sh".
in other word, are the executable bits set?

your problem here may be that the NUT user (the one running upsmon) doesn't
have the right privileges to access to your home, where your script is
located.
in this case, you should put it in a more neutral location, like
/usr/local/bin.

to get the exact issue, try running upsmon in debug mode (after having
stopped it), using "upsmon -DDD".
and generate a power failure. have a look at the same time at upsmon output
to see what's going on...
my guess is that it will be solved by either of the above fix (location,
exec bits, header line for interpreter declaration)

> I have restart upsmon after each modification in upsmon.conf
>

> I also have question about
>
> POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
>
> When UPS is on LB, it  stops and when it restarts
>
> I don't have any file killpower ?

this one gets cleared (removed) when upsmon restarts.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com