[Nut-upsuser] Powercom WOW-525U nut configuration

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 13 15:03:04 UTC 2010

Citeren Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at free.fr>:

> please subscribe to the nut user mailing list (
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/nut-upsuser)
> and post the output of "/path/to/usbhid-ups -DDDDD -a
> <your_ups_name_in_ups.conf>"

Forget the above, this is not a HID PDC device. Currently PowerCOM
uses (at least) the following VendorID:ProductID combinations:

0d9f:0001 - probably USB to serial implementation (unknown)
0d9f:0002 - Cypress M8 USB to serial (use a /dev/ttyUSBx serial port
and 'powercom' serial driver)
0d9f:00a2 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
0d9f:00a3 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
0d9f:00a4 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
0d9f:00a5 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
0d9f:00a6 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)

We've seen reports for the 0d9f:0001 from PowerCOM before, but no
reports from people that succeeded in setting this up with NUT. You'd
need to find out what protocol is use and how the USB to serial
implementation works.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)