[Nut-upsuser] Problem with monitoring

Vladimir Micovic vladimir at micovic.com
Sun Oct 31 21:01:14 UTC 2010

Dears,

I have centos 5.5 with kernel 2.6.18

UPS: Mustek PowerMust 2000VA USB

I trying to setup monitoring for this ups, I connect ups with server via COM
port and USB.

But here is the problem (with megatec_usb):

[root at optimus ups]# /sbin/upsdrvctl start

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.0-

Network UPS Tools 2.2.0- - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.4 [megatec_usb]

Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver [megatec_usb]

Megatec protocol UPS detected.

After that:

[root at optimus ups]# /sbin/service ups start

Starting UPS driver controller:                            [  OK  ]

Starting upsd:                                             [  OK  ]

Starting UPS monitor (master):                             [  OK  ]

Seems everything is ok, but I getting this information:

Broadcast message from root (Sat Oct 30 19:50:32 2010):

Communications with UPS mustek at localhost lost

UPS mustek at localhost is unavailable

And I try:

[root at optimus ups]# upsc mustek at localhost

Error: Driver not connected

This "communications lost" repeating all the time, till I stop service
"ups", which shutdown with all ok.

And here is my conf. files:

Ups.conf

[mustek]

driver = megatec_usb

port = auto

desc = "Optimus UPS"

mfr = "Mustek"

Upsd.conf

ACL all 0.0.0.0/0

ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32

ACCEPT localhost

REJECT all

Upsd.users

[root]

password = xyz

allowfrom = localhost

actions = SET

instcmds = ALL

[mustek]

password = xyz

allowfrom = localhost

upsmon master

upsmon.conf

MINSUPPLIES 1

SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"

POLLFREQ 5

POLLFREQALERT 5

HOSTSYNC 15

DEADTIME 15

POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower

RBWARNTIME 43200

NOCOMMWARNTIME 300

FINALDELAY 5

MONITOR mustek at localhost 1 nut xyz master

upssched.conf

CMDSCRIPT /usr/bin/upssched-cmd

Please help me to setup this monitoring!

Thank you!

And sorry, I forgot to put log from messages, I always got this:

Oct 30 21:06:25 optimus kernel: usb 5-1: usbfs: process 9808 (megatec_usb)
did not claim interface 0 before use