[Nut-upsuser] LiebertPSP again

Will Cooke will at whizzy.org
Tue Sep 14 20:19:31 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've recently obtained a couple of LiebertPSP UPS and I set about
hooking them up to NUT.  The out-of-the-box functionality is almost,
but not quite correct and I'd like to help fix that.

I've done some research, starting here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/nut-upsuser@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg05612.html

and having just ended with me trying to write a new sub-driver for the
device and running out of skills.

Some things of interest further to the post I linked to above:

State
No input power applied

Path
UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Charging

Hex
07 0a

State
Power reapplied

Path
UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Charging

Hex
07 0d

Same results for the following paths:
UPS.PowerSummary.ConfigVoltage
UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Discharging
UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ACPresent
UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.BatteryPresent
UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.ShutdownImminent
UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.NeedReplacement

However, those paths could well be mangled due to the stub driver I'm using.

Anyway, I'm rather out of my depth now but I wondering if there is
anything I can do to assist in the addition of a new sub-driver to
support this UPS, even if that's just to get it to the state where it
correctly reports that it's either OB or not.

Thanks, Will