[Nut-upsuser] Final R3000XR tip

Brother Railgun of Reason alaric at caerllewys.net
Sun Sep 19 14:53:54 UTC 2010

On the basis of continuing experience, one final piece of R3000XR
battery pack advice:

After swapping the R3000XR battery pack, power-cycle the UPS, wait until
the battery pack is at least 50% charged, then disconnect the UPS from
wall power for a minute or so before plugging it back in.  Until I did
this, my UPS would charge the battery pack fully, then let it slowly
self-discharge.  After FORCING it to switch to the new battery pack for
a minute or so, it now appears to be properly maintaining tha batteries
at full charge.

Surely it can't have been *intended* to work this way....

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.